Pawnbrokers Today understands that your privacy is important to you. We are therefore dedicated to protecting the privacy of your personal information.
All information gathered from your use of this site or by any other method is kept confidential and not disclosed to a third party without your permission (unless we are required to so do by, law or by a regulatory body or to recover monies owed to us by or HPI checks [car loans]).
It is important that you read our terms and conditions as they set out how we may use your information.Code of ethics
Any personal data we obtain from you visiting this website is processed and maintained in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.Further information on the Act is available here: www.dataprotection.gov.uk.Cookies
We will store and process your information on Pawnbrokers Todays computers and in any other way. The information we collect about you may be used in the following ways:
- To enable us to consider your application for a loan or any other product or service.
- To contact you in connection with your enquiry.
- To conduct searches relative to car loans- DVLA (who may search the Electoral Register), fraud prevention agencies or other organisations when you apply for an account or any other product or service or which you or they give to us at any other time or
- To learn from the way you use and manage your account(s), from your transactions and from the payments made to your account. We will use your information to manage your account(s), give you statements and provide our services, for research, assessment and analysis (including behaviour scoring, market and product analysis) and to develop and improve our services to you and other customers and protect our interests.These statistics are for our own internal purposes-it will not be possible to identify individuals from these statistics.
We may give information about you to the following:
- Any party to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under this agreement.
- We may also give out information about you if we have a duty to so do or if the law allows or requires us to so do.
We will keep your information no longer than is necessary. However;
- We will keep the information we need to enable us to provide you with the service that you have requested through this website for as long as it takes us to provide that service.
- We will keep your contact details for as long as we have your consent to send you marketing information and/or pass your contact details to third parties.
- We will keep records of any transactions you enter into on this website for a minimum or six years. This is so that we can respond to any complaints or disputes that arise in that period.
- We will keep other information about you if it is necessary for us to do so to comply with the law.
You have the right of access to your personal records or other information that we hold about you. We may charge you £10.00 for each request.
Should you have any queries or require any information about this Privacy Statement or Pawnbrokers Today and the Data Protection Act then these should be direct to Pawnbrokers Today, 29 Frith Street, London, W1D 5LG.